The External Affairs and Marketing division implements targeted communication measures and marketing campaigns in Switzerland and abroad. The aim is to position Basel as a location with the highest quality of life, a dynamic business, research and innovation location, an international venue, the cultural capital of Switzerland, an international role model in the area of climate and environmental protection, and as a gateway to Switzerland in the heart of Europe. The Basel brand in connection with the Swiss cross is well known in the business and cultural area beyond the country and cantonal borders, while at the same time being synonymous with “Swissness".
The numerous communication measures of Marketing include, among others, the following:
- a four-language location portrait on the cantonal website
- A welcome brochure for highly qualified expats in German and English
- A Basel images film in German, English and French
- Image subjects for advertising the strengths of the Basel location (use for advertisements, posters, etc.)
- Multilingual social media appearances (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Marketing campaigns during major events in Basel
- Cantonal images present in Switzerland and abroad
The External Affairs and Marketing division is also responsible for the communication and advertising of major Basel events, the Basel Autumn Fair, the Basel Christmas event as well as the Basel city and neighbourhood markets.